Pratik Rimal

"The charm of mortal life, since her arrival has been joy, thoughts and longing of togetherness...a wish to be always behind her and protect her...maybe life after all gives us a second chance. And with your arrival, I now indeed believe that it sincerely does for our heavenly father cannot be heartless, as he instilled us with hearts of love, trust, faith, compassion and joy! .....

......Time tickles in joy and passes with a melancholic song. The hollow cry of penetrable sounds from the wild beasts underneath the moonlight alerts me of your hopeful
presence...and I am waiting..."

(extracted from: Stars Fall Down)



About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
Ever since I first started to write my first poem and article, I've loved to write. I continue to learn to write. In doing so, I let my feelings, thoughts, and emotions run wild and let people know what I intend to say, what I want to say. For me, writing is a creative expression to express what we never can say by speaking... Your readings and feedback are always important to me. Therefore, I wish that you'd write to me. My email address: pratik.rimal@hotmail.com Cell: +977-98511-42610

Sunday, December 14, 2008

First Kiss

“Always write things that people can relate themselves to,” my father has always said about my writing. Rather than philosophical thoughts, write the reality that resonates human sentiments, he meant to say.

Many things happen for the first time in our lives. Unlike Plato and Socrates who believed that our soul is immortal and existed before our body came into existence, we believe that along with us, the soul was born for the fist time as well. Continuing the first time, we fall in love once (although most people later continue to fall in love for the second and third time till they’ve found someone who they’ve been searching for all these years), hold someone’s hands, kiss and embrace them for the first time as well. Like everyone else, I fell in love for the first time, and it was then I first held a girl’s hand, embraced and kissed her lips.

Till these years, never had I embraced nor kissed a girl. Moreover, never had I stared into those eyes with meaningful words saying I love you, and you mean a lot to me…Indeed! Never had I held those hands and made promises of never letting it go…

“Step on my feet. I’ll walk over the thorns so it doesn’t prickle you; bleed your feet” I had said while I held her close; feeling her heartbeat that beat by my name.

The first kiss, how do I tell what it was like? I lack words to express the feelings that came when my lips touched a girl’s lips for the first time…tender, soft and full of love it was and that is all I can every say in my reminiscence of my first kiss. I shy away!

I wonder if everyone felt the same on their fist kiss. I hope everyone feels the same way I felt. And when you profess the kiss in words, expressive soft words of powerful emotions is the first kiss…a kiss so deep, passionate, tender and longing for their presence never to desert us; making us stranded in the dark nights with neither the moon nor the stars to help us retrace our way; but to a different path that leads to loneliness!

Now that we’ve departed, we’re both away from one another, should I let go of the lingering kiss and cope for the ahead days without another kiss? I fail to know. And yet, were I to allow my conscience to guide me, it speaks my heart. “Recall the kiss and cope with the days because it will give you warmth, comfort and love in the lonely crowd and the bustling traffic.” Thus, I now let my conscience guide me. I recall the kiss—the very first kiss of tenderness, love, and that was full of passion.

My words now somewhat starts to take shape. My heart longs for her presence and yet, I cannot reach to her save those moments we spent together; and that I now cherish. I smile, for my heart pounds in joy; every time I recall the moment.

In the days, I thence long for her and my heart aches for her in days. I offer this note just to her. I do hope she reads it, and feels the same way too.

And now, when I remember the first kiss…tender, soft, deep and passionate…

No comments:

Post a Comment