Pratik Rimal

"The charm of mortal life, since her arrival has been joy, thoughts and longing of togetherness...a wish to be always behind her and protect her...maybe life after all gives us a second chance. And with your arrival, I now indeed believe that it sincerely does for our heavenly father cannot be heartless, as he instilled us with hearts of love, trust, faith, compassion and joy! .....

......Time tickles in joy and passes with a melancholic song. The hollow cry of penetrable sounds from the wild beasts underneath the moonlight alerts me of your hopeful
presence...and I am waiting..."

(extracted from: Stars Fall Down)



About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
Ever since I first started to write my first poem and article, I've loved to write. I continue to learn to write. In doing so, I let my feelings, thoughts, and emotions run wild and let people know what I intend to say, what I want to say. For me, writing is a creative expression to express what we never can say by speaking... Your readings and feedback are always important to me. Therefore, I wish that you'd write to me. My email address: pratik.rimal@hotmail.com Cell: +977-98511-42610

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quest What did God create?

I say, I know, I express, I feel, I smile, I cry, I breathe, I live, I die…stop my breath…

“Life is a sleep and a forgetting,” Socrates once said. And is it not the truth? Who has lived too long to withstand the almighty time? No one, and no one ever will.

Have we not come naked and empty handed? And is it not how we are to go; fare-welling for the last time that we never do realize? Who is immortal? I fail for the example save god. Bring an armful of rice from a person’s house who have no traces of the dead. I ask to you, and can you? Never.

Everything that belongs to the earth grows and decomposes in it. So do men and women.

What did god create? Human beings, animals, plants and other things. Ask this question to the six billion people that reside in this earth, and is it not the likely answer one is to find? It certainly is.

But did god, who is deemed immortal create mortals like us? Did he not create something like himself? Something immortal? I ask. Are you to have an answer? A real exception if you do.

Necessity is the mother of inventions. Aren’t new insights born to guide people when they are in dilemma? It most certainly is born. Thus, should I not answer my own question to show my companions a path? I should.

Indeed, god did create something that is as immortal as him. He created something that has undoubtedly withstood time…traveled the world by drifting in the air to re-live once again; giving life to another mortal body. He created, I say, the “Soul!” A soul that is as immortal as him.

Does not a mortal produce mortal? Is it not a natural rule? And then, does not an immortal produce immortal? Is it not a natural rule of unnatural thought?

Men created men and not God. Therefore, to me, it is unnecessary to thank him for creating us. It is a mockery I exclaim! I say, thank god for creating and instilling soul on our body. Thank god for the soul that now resides on your body by which you see the world. Soon it will go for although it withstands time, your body cannot. Therefore it leaves your body and you die. The soul, I say then wanders in the wind that sometimes howls, and most of the time gently blows.

Thus, now I conclude, and so should you saying that the immortal god indeed did and does create a soul that is immortal like him. Our body is a product of the earth. It belongs to it. Therefore we die and are buried under the ground. God didn’t create human bodies, I reclaim. He created our soul that is as immortal as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment