Pratik Rimal

"The charm of mortal life, since her arrival has been joy, thoughts and longing of togetherness...a wish to be always behind her and protect her...maybe life after all gives us a second chance. And with your arrival, I now indeed believe that it sincerely does for our heavenly father cannot be heartless, as he instilled us with hearts of love, trust, faith, compassion and joy! .....

......Time tickles in joy and passes with a melancholic song. The hollow cry of penetrable sounds from the wild beasts underneath the moonlight alerts me of your hopeful
presence...and I am waiting..."

(extracted from: Stars Fall Down)



About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
Ever since I first started to write my first poem and article, I've loved to write. I continue to learn to write. In doing so, I let my feelings, thoughts, and emotions run wild and let people know what I intend to say, what I want to say. For me, writing is a creative expression to express what we never can say by speaking... Your readings and feedback are always important to me. Therefore, I wish that you'd write to me. My email address: pratik.rimal@hotmail.com Cell: +977-98511-42610

Monday, November 28, 2011

Of humans and mouse!

For some time, mice have been running all around my house, and we all were bothered. Those little four-legged animals have caused a lot of tantrum, eating out cloths, taking food and piling it behind closets. Until now, I had no remorse for these creatures because they were damaging goods.

Life rejoices itself in little joys that comes to our doors and breaks down into tears and sorrow when the smallest of things hurt us. All of these come from the inner core of our hearts which continually fills us with emotions. These emotions are sometimes too painful to acknowledge because it stirs our rationale, and makes us realize of some ill that we could be probable of doing; killing, only to ease our discomfort!

Similar feelings came to my mind and heart and made me realize what I was about to do: take the life of mice for eating cloths that could be bought again! Taking away of a life to make our cloths safe! My feelings went even gross when I saw few more small protruding heads from the closet these little devils had made their home. I soon realized it was the babies, a new life that could have been immediately squashed had it not been the heavy lockers that required astounding force to pull it away.

What shocked me more was my mother's primary response of killing all of the mice. When I retorted, it however was replaced by something less a threat, which still was able to take those lives away; putting them in a sack and throwing them out of the window!

This made me realize how cruel and inhumane we have become. We are keen on taking the other's life the moment it comes to trouble us, or make our life difficult. (As I write, a big mouse, probably the kid's father crosses, and seeing it, my mother goes to bring mouse killing medicine, to which I retort with no avail).

I ask if it is only humans that have rights to live on this planet, ruin its resources as we reign when we know we are immigrants...the aboriginals were animals that preceded us scores and scores of years ago. I ask: why do we believe that it is only us that have feelings, a bond...relationship, kinship and offspring while other animals don't? Is it only us that cry when our loved ones leave us, care when they are injured, while our fellow beings don't? It unlikely is the case because our friends with whom we share the planet, and are supposed to share without a doubt or qualm deserves equal rights: the right to live, produce offspring and help continue the ecosystem. After all, we are the culprits who occupied the earth that once was lush green.

(I hope the father mouse or the mother mouse who went to search food for their children don't feel hungry to eat the poisoned food...and I hope the young ones don't die hungry...waiting for their parents to come with food for them...and they wait......)

1 comment: